I cannot believe that March is almost here. I am willing it to be here tomorrow in favor of better weather, but that is beside the point. A little over 6 weeks ago I made a series of goals that I would like to accomplish by 2015. Since the year is almost 2/12 of the way complete my goals should be 2/12. I am attempting to break my goals into little weekly bite sized chunks to prevent me from being overwhelmed.
This week’s bite size goals
- Put myself first. This week if I don’t feel like doing it…I ain’t doing it. I realize I spend a lot of time doing things I don’t want to do. Doing things at work that no one cares about. Going out when I want to stay home. Buying something I really want. This week, I will take a moment to ask myself “What would Kelly do?” Then follow the answer.
- Make my own lunch. I spend a small fortune on lunch at work. I have gained 10 lbs in the last month. I want to get back to the simple things. Cooking is at the top of the list. Hopefully it will help my bottom and bottom line.
- Spend time with my man. I have been neglecting the love of my life due to work commitments and melancholy. I plan to make it up to him by scheduling a time for him to visit the vet and the groomer at PetSmart. I may even make him a meal while I am at it.
- Reconnect with friends. So many people in my life have gotten engaged or had babies and I buy them things, but never take the time to write heartfelt notes and send them out. I will do that this week. I often complain about being isolated when there are definitely people in the world who love me. I would feel the love more if I just took the time to reach out.
- Home project #1. Do you know that I love power tools more than my own mother? I daydream while looking at Design Sponge or Apartment Therapy. It’s better than a third date. My new apartment is pretty blah and I think if I do a few small weekend projects I can change that.
- EXTRA CREDIT: Get rid of 5 things. The Bestie is coming and giving me all of her furniture before she heads to LA. Don’t worry, that will get it’s own post as soon as I can stop frowning. I am super excited for new furniture as I am about to set flame to this shitty Ikea mattress. But I need to make room by getting rid of 5 things every week.
I will check in on Saturday night! Let’s see how far I get. I’m not totally optimistic.