So, my second weekly update. I am so excited. Along with at least 2 content posts and a picture, I have started the goal of measuring my goals here for accountability.
I’m keeping my goals shorter this week with the hopes I will update my progress throughout the week!
- Create a nighttime routine. I’m not getting any younger. I need some kind of retinol cream and way to relax.
- Hit the gym 3 times. Self explanatory.
- Home Project #2. Hang a mirror. Find a way to store my jewelry.
- Buy myself some flowers. Bringing love inside in small memorable ways.
- File my taxes. Let’s hope for a refund this year!
And in case you were wondering, these were my goals for last week:
- Put myself first. PASS. This time I really though about what I wanted without giving 2 fucks about what others thought. I missed a friend’s birthday party and skipped out early on a weekend work event. I needed to rest. I went to get at 8pm 2 days this week. Crazy hours and personal drama have kept me a little on edge. It was good to listen to my body for a change.
- Make my own lunch. FAIL. I did make my lunch more than I have in the past, but it was not all 5 days. I realize the key to this success is meal planning, which makes me feel like a 42-year-old divorcee. Tomorrow I am buying a crock pot and putting in my Fresh Direct order. I hope to use the extra day off to organize my apt, including my kitchen.
- Spend time with my man. PASS. My puppy Bernie has not been at his best. We spent time together at the vet which resulted in about $700 in vet bills. That’s $70 per pound. He has bladder stones and a collapsed trachea. He will be getting a harness and special food.
- Reconnect with friends. PASS/FAIL I got a chance to catch up with The Playwright, but everyone else basically got the boot. See #1.
- Home project #1. PASS! My ex installed my curtains and when they came falling down to the ground, where they stayed for weeks. I finally got the balls to fix something for myself.
- EXTRA CREDIT: Get rid of 5 things. FAIL but there’s hope. Gonna use this extra day to get something done!